Luxurious Wines to Accompany Hamilton Fine Dining
Lo Presti’s at Maxwell’s offers Hamilton residents and visitors the experience of luxurious Hamilton fine dining. Of course, no fine dining experience would be complete without the right wine selection! And that is exactly why, in addition to our fabulous dishes, we also carry the finest vintage wines from all over the world. We carefully picked these to enhance the enjoyment of your dining experience. The selection at Lo Presti’s At Maxwell’s includes wines from Canada, the United States, France, Italy, Australia and more.
With such an extensive list of wines, how do you choose the right one to accompany your meal and enhance your experience of Hamilton fine dining?
First, let’s differentiate between the two most common types of wine, red and white:
- Red wines are made from red grapes and are mostly hearty and rich because the skin is left on the grapes during the process of fermentation. Red wines, like Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Zinfandel are best paired off with rich meal choices such as meats. Dishes that include heavy sauces can also be easily paired up with red wines to enhance the experience of Hamilton fine dining.
- White wines are lighter than red wines. They are more acidic, and often have a citrusy taste to them. To increase your enjoyment of Hamilton fine dining, choose white wine to accompany lighter dishes. White wines, such as Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay, are an excellent choice during a light afternoon lunch meal, but can also be successfully paired with lighter dinner choices such as fish. The more exotic white wines, such as Gewurztraminer or Reisling, pair nicely with spiced cuisines, such as Thai or Indian.
Next, here are some tips to guide you while making wine choices so you may have the best experience of Hamilton fine dining:
- Heavier meals pair better with richer wines, lighter wines are a better choice for lighter meal choices – Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon pair nicely with red meat or game meat that are accompanied by heavy sauces. Dishes with gravy or buttery sauces are best paired with Piedmont or Merlot. Seafood in lighter sauces will match perfectly with Sauvignon Blancs.
- Pair sweeter wine with sweeter food choices, drier wine with drier food – To enhance your enjoyment of Hamilton fine dining, you may choose to pair Riesling with pasta with Alfredo sauce, while a French Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio are a better choice to accompany steak or grilled fish.
- Match wines to foods by region – For example, Italian wines may go better with original pasta dishes, Spanish sparkling wine are excellent accompaniment to Tapas.
- Ask our experienced waiters for their recommendations – they have been trained to provide you with an experience of Hamilton fine dining you will not forget.
- We do offer corkage services, but only for wines not currently offered on our wine list.